Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Maples



I've been entering several juried shows and exhibitions in the past few weeks. One painting was recently accepted into a national landscape show and another was selected for a calendar, to appear as the image for November. It is currently on view at the Calendar Show in Culpeper, Virginia, at the Windmore Foundation's Headquarters in oldtown Culpeper.

While pulling together a group of ten paintings for another show, I re-photographed this painting of our farm, painted as an image of early autumn when the maples down by the driveway are in fiery form. This painting is 24 x 36 inches, one of two that I have done in that size format. I find that I like working large, but at the same time enjoy doing quick paintings on 4 x 6 boards, too.

This painting is titled Fall At the Farm, and is not for sale as it was a gift to my husband. It hangs in my studio and reminds me daily of the beauty of our Piedmont region.

No comments: