Friday, November 27, 2009

news

This Saturday, December 5, I will be at the St. Nicholas Day Craft Show and Sale at Leeds Episcopal Church in Markham, with my paintings. I am showing with another artist, Jean Beckham. At the moment, most of the paintings are gathered in my living room, in various stages of framing. Relatives are curious as to the prices - one thing is for sure, they keep going up! My father was considering buying one last night, and I kept upping the price by 100 dollars each time he dithered. We had to laugh, and he agreed my final price was what it should be, although maybe he regretted not buying it when it was 300 dollars less.

What did sell last night at the family council was the cow triptych - my brother bought all three and I was willing to let them go rather cheaply as he agreed with me that they shouldn't be framed and that they should also be displayed as I like them - propped on a mantle or table next to each other. I had thought about hinging them together, but I kind of like the looseness, also it is important that they be seen as a group of three. And, I can visit them when I visit him.

It's so hard to let my paintings go! I need to get over this...

No comments: