Monday, June 13, 2011

Art Show Coming!



However, this painting will not be in the show! Glory in the Common Spaces will open July 7 and run through August 2 at the Shenandoah Valley Arts Center. Please come and see landscapes painted from 2009 through June 2011.

Why post this little still life? I don't think I have posted it anywhere and found it in my desktop file of images. This little painting, 8 x 10, is painted on top of an old painting (recycling as well as utilizing texture) by using a palette knife (my usual technique) to spread on oil paint, scratching away to reveal previously applied color, whether dry or just painted. I like how the process is not controlled and surprises happen. I use this technique almost always in my landscape paintings, but not often in still life. This was the first painting of fruit that I painted in this manner and felt that no one would ever buy it. It's been stuck in a back bedroom for four years and I don't often see it or think to display it. Still a personal favorite. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I do. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: